Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award

The love just keeps rolling in.  Katharina Brendel gifted me with this Kreativ Blogger award.  Awards, everywhere!  Incidentally, you should totally go check out her blog because she's got interviews up and they're very exciting.



Anyway, I was feeling sort of down in the dumps today, so a bit of fun, silly blogging was just what I needed to relax a little.  Here's how this works.  You answer the 10 questions below, and then you post 10 random facts about yourself.  Huzzah! At the end, you're supposed to pick 7 bloggers to tag, but I kind of exhausted all of my blogger friends this week so I'll take the cheap way out:  If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.  You're welcome.

10 Questions
What is your favorite song? It changes way too much for me to ever have a single favorite.  Sometimes I'll get kind of obsessed with a song and will listen to it on repeat for days on end and try to inflict it on every single person in the whole world.  But today I think it's "Make it Stop (September's Children)" by Rise Against.  That song is haunting and beautiful and the music video makes me cry. 

What is your favorite dessert? A maple blondie with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream and oh my god why am i not eating that right now.

What ticks you off? Going out of my way to be really considerate of someone else, and then not getting the same courtesy in exchange -- or even any acknowledgment of the courtesy whatsoever.  Just a simple, "thank you" or "I'm sorry" would make me happy, but, sadly, people seem to be lacking manners in this day and age.  

What do you do when you're upset? Depends on how upset.  Usually I just get sort of snarky and pass it off like it's nothing, but if it's really, really bad I'll pretty much shut down completely and you won't be able to get a word out of me.  

Which is/was your favorite pet? My wolf-hybrid that I had growing up, Max.  He had to be put to sleep when he was 13 (three years ago now) and I still miss him a lot.  

Which do you prefer, black or white? This seems like a trick question.  I choose.......purple. 
What is your biggest fear? I have an anxiety disorder, so mostly I just have a lot of generalized fears about people/thing.  I'm really freaked out by birds and dead bodies, though.  Dead birds are the worst. 

What is your attitude mostly? Cynic with a heart of gold

What is perfection? An unatainable goal.  Buffy re-runs and a pint of Ben & Jerry's comes in pretty close, though. 

What is your guilty pleasure? Terrible horror movies.  

10 Random Facts
  1. I do my best writing between 2 and 5 AM.
  2. I tend to avoid anything that's popular until it's completely unavoidable, so I'm pretty much never caught up with trends or pop culture.  Ever. 
  3. I've been rescuing rats for about five years, and I've owned them for eight.
  4. I read A Wrinkle in Time in 4th grade and have been obsessed with time travel ever since
  5. I like to read with my boyfriend, who doesn't have much patience for reading himself but loves to listen to me
  6. I always misuse the word "visceral" and have to correct it
  7. I love humor that's sort of sick & wrong
  8. I have a long list of fictional characters that I'd like to hook up with.  Some of them aren't even human.
  9. Sometimes I go back to bed so I can try to finish dreams.  It rarely works but I always try.
  10. I like to compulsively make lists.  Sometimes I make lists of my lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment