Did you publish your book as a traditionally printed book, an eBook, or both? How did you come to your decision? Which company(ies) did you use for printing and distribution? How did you select them?
I had this really long, beautifully-thought-out post, and then I somehow accidentally deleted the whole thing. DAMN YOU BLOGGER. Anyway, I was talking about why I'm choosing to go traditional rather than opt for self-publishing, even when self-publishing has a certain intoxicating appeal:
- It's a milestone that I consider personally important -- an achievement I want.
- I want the assistance of an agent in forming my career and making choices for it
- I want to reach the widest possible audience, and self-distribution won't help that
- I want people who don't know me to be able to walk into a bookstore and see my book
- Self-publishing still has a quality stigma; it still feels like "second best" and settling.