Saturday, June 23, 2012

28 Day Blogging Challenge

Describe your first book signing – real or imagined.

 When I was younger, I used to daydream about book signings.  I was way, way more enamored with the entire idea.  Probably because I'd never actually been to a book signing.  My enthusiasm is a bit tempered now.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll be delighted to meet up with fans and connect with readers and try to sell some books.  But I don't think it'll be quite the rock star event I once thought it would be. 

Are authors rock stars?  I always thought so.

Anyway.  One thing I want to make sure I do is have a signing (and ideally a reading) back at NMSU.  It's my alma mater, and I have lots of fond English-ey memories there.  I'd also love to find a way to fund a whole book tour, road-tripping across the country.  I'd make a whole vacation out of it.  Do some signings, volunteer to sign stock, stop off at libraries and convince them to carry my book.  And, most importantly, enjoy the whole journey.  I LOVE road trips, and that would be so much fun.  Don't ask me where I'll get the cash for that.   An advance, hopefully, lol.  But it'd be a blast.  I'd drag David along with me and we could see the country (or at least bits of it) while I peddled books.

....See?  My daydreams are totally more practical than they used to be.  Yup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment