Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A blurb about...blurbs


Who did/could you ask to write a blurb for your book? Why that person/people? How did/will you go about reaching them?

I need to keep this one quick, because I'm very far behind work for the week and should be spending more of my time catching up before I end up in the poor house (hah).  Also, y'know, I don't have too much to say on the topic.  I mean, in an ideal world, my book would be blurbed by Neil Gaiman and Stephen King.  And we'd all be best friends.  

But barring that, sometimes I do wonder about blurbs.  I actually have a strange amount of anxiety about asking for blurbs.  I'm nervous about talking to people I don't know, and doubly nervous when I'm asking them for favors.  When you factor in that those people are famous in any way, my nervousness basically reaches a power level of over 9,000 and my head explodes.  Not pretty.  

Clearly, I need to set out to find more authors so I can make friends and we can all blurb each other.  

This is definitely one of those topics I'll be interested in hearing about from the others in the challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment