I am much more likely to develop a crush on a character than relate to one. I have no idea why this is. But my "fictional guys I want to bang" list is very, very long and just keeps gaining people. This is especially bizarre because, as previously stated, I don't read romance novels.
Actually, maybe that's exactly why I don't read romance novels. I want the character all to myself. I don't want to share with the MC. Or, god help us, the MC chooses the wrong guy and then I feel betrayed. Really, it's a much safer world if the romantic tension is left for me to enjoy without exploring.
Fictional Characters I Want to Bang
- Mr. Rochester (Jane Eyre)
- Mr. Darcy (Pride & Prejudice)
- Smedrick the Magician (The Last Unicorn)
- Justin the rat (The Rats of NIMH)
- Samwise Gamgee (The Lord of the Rings)
- Iago (Othello)
- Marco (The Animorphs)
- Dandelion (Watership Down)
- Remus Lupin (Harry Potter)
- Velutha (The God of Small Things)
You could probably plumb the deep, hidden recesses of my psyche and think of some really disturbing things to think about me from my taste in fictional men. Never minding the fact that a handful of them aren't even actually human. Ahem.
I can't be the only one. Who else has some fictional character crushes?