Thursday, June 14, 2012

The First Cut is the Deepest....


What has been the most challenging part of your book process: writing, building the book, printing, distributing, marketing, etc.? What do you wish you’d known before you began?

I haven't gotten too far on my book just yet -- but I've rounded what is, probably, the hardest part.  I've written the damn thing.  Not only that, I've edited it, written some query letters, stalked some agents, gone into a contest.  It's all downhill from here, right?  ....right?  

And I had this whole deep, insightful thing to say about drafting, and how having "something" is better than nothing, and how once you have words on paper you can do anything with them and the importance of finishing every draft you write even if it will never leave your house....but it's really, really hot outside and I just want to take a nap instead.  

So, raise a glass of the frosty beverage of your choice and toast to being finished and enjoying the journey and not dying of heat stroke. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm drinking a cold one right now. And in my experience it's best to nap afterwards and not try to write...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely take two pats on the back out of Petty Cash! Congrats! And here's hoping it's all uphill from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coca~Cola is amazing stuff. Congratulations on finishing your first novel. I wish you luck with finding a publisher. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete