Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hookers & Hangers Part 2

If you haven't read my other blog post, read it here.  This is for the Falling for Fiction Hookers & Hangers blog hop! On the 16th, we posted our opening lines -- and thanks to everybody for all the comments!  I'm working my way through the blog hop myself, although I don't have time to comment on everything.  I will try my bestest to comment on everybody who comments on mine, though, because you guys rock.  

Here, I'm posting my last lines for each of the first three chapters.  (I was going to do the last line of every chapter, but it felt too spoiler-riffic). What I've learned from this exercise is that my hangers are usually stronger than my hookers -- I tend to leave chapters on problems that I resolve in the next chapter. Interesting!  Anyway, here's my hangers:
  • He’d have to dream up a stronger lock.
  • He was aware only in a peripheral way of the rapidly approaching ground, and the realization that if this was a falling dream, he should be waking up by now.
  • What she did after that, Adrian had no idea – because, before he could react, before he could think, the world was immersed completely in darkness. 
Enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. I agree - your hangers are very strong! I like the first one the best, but that's really just a preference for the simple language... it's hard to judge these out of context!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful hangers - #3 is my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great hangers. The first one has me intrigued about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love the second one! So intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three of these are excellent! The first is intriguing. I want to know what happens before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, they're all so good. I wanna read some more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that first one :) Locks are always intriguing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the first one, very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #3--talk about a cliffhanger! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh, #1. Dream of a new lock???? And I really want to know what these dreams are all about. Your hooks gave it a certain feel and now I'm starting to think it's a horror book? If not, it seems quit creepy.

    Thank you so much for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for having me :) It's a dark fantasy. Lots of traditional fantasy tropes, but everything skews off in dark, creepy directions.

      Delete
  11. Wow, creepy! I'm not a fan of the dark though, so you totally had me go... eep! Awesome hangers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all great, but I am trying to choose between #1 and #2!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creepy # 1. To me, that chapter would send chills down my spine all the way to my feet! Eeepp!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one is so great: He was aware only in a peripheral way of the rapidly approaching ground, and the realization that if this was a falling dream, he should be waking up by now.

    Such fantastic writing. And since I never dream, this is the next best thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS! You have won the Versatile Blogger Award. :D

    http://debramckellan.blogspot.com/2012/07/and-winners-are-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete