- Elizabeth Naughton gives some straight-talk about self-publishing from a trad author POV. The more of these stories I hear about the midlist-gone-self authors, the more i realize that this really is the future of the industry.
- Anne R. Allen cites some pretty depressing information about non-fiction publishing and urges would-be self-help, travel and memoir writers to consider blogging instead.
- Some tips on making $1 million from ebook sales (I'll give you a hint: It's all about building buzz) aimed at non-fiction writers
- Jane Friedman discusses whether KDP Select is worthwhile
- Ways to load up your Kindle, especially helpful in the case of validating e-book formatting!
- A super-easy step-by-step guide on making a mailing list with MailChimp
- A handy infographic that shows just how much of a difference there is between big-pub and self-pub money
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Publishing News for April 7, 2013
I've missed a few Publishing News round-ups these past few weeks. I blame the stress of the book pre-release + the scramble to get my taxes taken care of. I just haven't been reading as much news lately as I'd like. All the same, I did read a few good links this week that deserve to be mentioned: