Saturday, January 4, 2014

At Long Last: Tagestraum!


Tagestraum is finally available!
Pick up a copy today on Amazon or Smashwords
Coming soon to other retailers 
Print copy to be released shortly - keep your eyes peeled on Amazon! 


Today is a momentous occasion, because Tagestraum is very close to my heart.  It got its start as a Nanowrimo challenge in November 2009.  From there, it went on a very long journey of rewrites, edits, never-ending query letter cycles, contests, and more rewrites.  This is the book that made me decide to pursue self-publishing, because everywhere I looked all I saw were closed doors: Publishers weren't interested in adult fantasy without romance; no one wanted a "portal" story; Adrian isn't a standard hero.  I was faced with a choice between dramatically rewriting the story in hopes of finding a home for it...or preserving its integrity and trying my luck with self-publishing.  

Of course, it wasn't the first book I sent out into the world.  I wanted to be sure.  So I published The Beast in the Bedchamber (nobody publishes short story collections!) and Nezumi's Children (it's a book about talking rats, what else was I going to do) and was overwhelmingly delighted at the positive response I received.  

And now, Tagestraum is out in the world -- sporting a stunning cover from my dear friend Claire J.C. Stewart -- and I cannot wait to share it with all of you.  I hope you all love this book as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment